Having your documents certified ensures that we know your submitted documents are a genuine, true and correct copy of your original documents. It is important that you submit good quality, clearly scanned, colour certified documents to support your application to study with USQ. Documents in a language other than English, must have the English translation prepared by an accredited translator. The certification must be on the copy, not on another page attached to the copy.
For certified documents to be accepted by USQ, the certifying officer must:
- write on the copy "This is a true copy of the original documents sighted by me"
- sign and print their name
- provide an address and a contact telephone number
- state their profession or occupation group (as below)
- write on the copy the date certified
- affix the official stamp or seal of the certifier's organisation on the copy.
In addition, if the certifying officer is a Justice of the Peace, the certifying officer must list registration number and state or territory of registration.