Become a homestay family
Become a Homestay host with us and welcome students from all over the world into your home, introduce them to Australia, help them discover other cultures and make lifelong friendships.
Hosting international students will give your family the opportunity to learn about the cultures of the students who stay with you. In addition you will have the opportunity to share our diverse Australian culture.
To become a Homestay host, please complete the following form and email to: USQ Global Learning Programmes. Please note we only offer homestay accommodation for students at our Toowoomba campus.
As a homestay host you will be expected to provide:
- private bedroom with bed, desk, chair and wardrobe
- access to all family areas of the home
- breakfast, a packed lunch and dinner on weekdays
- breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekends
- basic internet access (restrictions such as no large downloads can apply).
We want to create a 'home away from home' experience for our overseas students which includes homestay families including them in family activities and meals, chatting with their students about their day and also being concerned for their welfare.
As a homestay host you will receive $238 per week per student remuneration.
For additional information please:
- Email: GLP@usq.edu.au
- Phone: +61 7 4631 1218
- Location: Toowoomba Campus