Renewing your visa
You will need to start the visa renewal process at least 6 to 8 weeks before your current student visa expires.
You should lodge your visa renewal application with the Department of Home Affairs a minimum of 4 weeks (28 days) before your current student visa expires.
Steps to renew your student visa:
- obtain a chest X-ray
- get a medical examination
- submit your visa renewal documentation at least 4 weeks before your visa expires.
The table below provides a timeline guide:
|Student visa expiry date||Recommended Chest X-ray date||Recommended Visa medicals date||Recommended Visa lodgement date|
|15 March||18 January||1 February||15 February|
|31 July||12 June||26 June||3 July|
|31 August||13 July||27 July||10 August|
|30 September||10 August||24 August||7 September|
|31 December||9 November||23 November||7 December|
Applying to renew your student visa from inside Australia
- Ensure your Passport is valid for at least 6 months when you submit a visa application
- Complete and lodge an online eCoe request form
- Renew your Overseas Student Health Cover with your OSHC provider
- Obtain a chest x-ray and medical examination (if required)
- Submit your application via the Department of Home Affairs website.
If you have any questions on the above information you can submit a question via USQAssist > Ask a Question (Question Type: Other).