Benefits of Head Start
There are plenty of reasons to study a USQ Head Start Course.
|Save money- The first course is free! Want to study more? Additional courses are available at a discounted rate.|
|Gain QCE points- Receive two points towards your Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) for each USQ Head Start course you successfully complete. You can receive a maximum of 8 credits.|
|Gain credit towards a degree- You may gain credit for the courses you complete; which means you'll have fewer courses to study when you start your degree.|
|Get ahead- Prepare yourself for university by getting a feel for on-campus or online study, developing uni-level study skills and discovering more about your potential degree, all before you finish year 12!|
|Entry into USQ- Complete a USQ Head Start course and gain entry into a related USQ Degree! (Remember, you still need to meet the degree pre-requisites).|
Future Teachers Bursary
Get a Head Start on your teaching career. If you are accepted into a USQ Education Head Start course, you may be eligible for the Future Teachers Bursary.
What is the bursary?
The bursary is additional financial support from the Queensland government to help get you started in your teaching career. The bursary can help cover:
- The cost of your second, third and/or fourth Education Head Start course (up to $400 each- remember your first course is free); and
- Up to $200 of study related costs (textbooks, stationary, printing, campus visits etc.)
Who is the Bursary for?
- Year 11 or 12 students who want to become a teacher
- Those enrolled in an eligible Education USQ Head Start course
How to apply?
- Apply for an eligible Head Start Course (check out the courses here)
- Once accepted, talk to your school about the bursary (your school will need to complete the application on your behalf).
For more information, visit the Teach Queensland website.