To be eligible applicants must:
- not hold a qualification regarded by the USQ to be equivalent to a PhD;
- have a qualification regarded by USQ to be equivalent, or at higher level to a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours;
- be eligible to be enrolled, full-time on-campus in a PhD at the USQ;
- not be a sponsored student receiving similar funding from their Government, or other organisations;
- not be in receipt of similar funding from the Australian Government.
These scholarships would suit someone with an economics background and experience in econometrics and socio-economic policy analysis. A range of quantitative backgrounds are potentially suitable such as econometrics, data analysis and economic modelling. Good knowledge of STATA/Eviews or any suitable statistical software and an application of economics and econometrics to policy issues are required.
Applications including all supporting documentation must be received by the closing date.
Scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances.
The scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient cancels his or her enrolment in the program, or fails to enroll.
Subject to student visa conditions, a student is permitted to undertake paid work however this must not interfere with the student's study program.
The Australian Commonwealth Government’s contribution to program fees and stipend must be acknowledged on all published material relating to a research project via a statement identifying the support received through the RTP.