- Do you have a passion for research? The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is a research degree available in all study areas and provides you with the skills to become an effective researcher in your previously studied discipline.
- By undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy you will have expansive intellectual freedom to be able to make an original and substantial contribution to your area of study.
- USQ academics are recognised throughout the world for their excellence in research. Some of the projects you can tap into are at the forefront of cutting edge research.
- As a research student you will have the commitment and support to make a difference to society in a meaningful way. USQ is committed to excellence in research training and provide a quality research training experience for our students. We maintain our relevance in research by linking with industry and business through local and international research networks.
- Our research extends across all of the Schools and Centres in the university. Within the Division of Research and Innovation it is focused across three research institutes and nine research centres, reflecting a wide array of research excellence.
- To start your PhD you need to clarify your research topic and seek an academic staff member to be your supervisor. This can sometimes take time so it is wise to allow several months for discussion with potential supervisors and for consideration of your application.