- USQ’s Master of Data Science provides an opportunity for graduates from all disciplines to gain useful knowledge in Big Data. Data Science helps organisations to extract new insights from raw data; insights which inform the development of new products, improved services and new businesses in our increasingly data reliant world.
- Work independently and collaboratively to apply key ICT and data science technologies and programming skills to interpret major theories and critically investigate and solve contemporary core issues in a global market.
- You will have the opportunity to decide between two different pathways of research in your masters degree:
- Research Project track — this pathway equips you with research skills and enables you to develop a research thesis in applied data science through an independent project in your chosen disciplinary application area.
- Research Training track — this pathway allows you to develop your research capability and gain specialised cognitive and technical computational and information system skills to prepare for a professional career in science or your chosen disciplinary application area.
- This program is Australian Computer Society (ACS) accredited, giving eligibility for ACS membership, and recognition by ACS for certification.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Data Science, students have the opportunity to move into PhD study.